Economy of Rajasthan Complete Study notes with practice MCQ for RPSC RAS/RTS Prelims, Mains and all other competitive exams.
Rajasthan, the largest (area-wise) state in India, is located in the north-western part of the subcontinent. It is surrounded on the north and north-east by Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, on the east and south-east by Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh and on the south-west by Gujarat.
Rajasthan offers tremendous opportunities in the areas of organic and contract farming as well as in infrastructure developments related to agriculture. Rajasthan is the largest producer of rapeseed, bajra and mustard. It is the second largest producer of oilseeds and spices and third largest producer of soya bean and coarse cereals in India. Rajasthan is a leading producer of limestone, silver, gold, copper, marble, sandstone, rock phosphate, and lignite. The state is the largest producer of cement in India. It has 24 major cement plants. Rajasthan is also the second-largest producer of milk and the largest producer of wool in India.
The economy depends on many factors. The factors are agricultural production, industrial production, contribution from service sector and contribution by export/import of goods, Plantations of spices, mushroom development, floriculture, fish farming and horticulture can make the agro sector viable and income generating. The industrial sectors need to be further diversified to areas like production of alloys, production of electronics goods, production of military hard wares and production of lithium batteries. Production of varieties of chemical products is necessary to meet the domestic demands and export to other countries. Production of solar panels, wind mills and non conventional energy products may help the export sector. Skill development, population control and communal harmony are factors which may help the economy. Stress on mineral production and processing may also help the economy. Diversion to electric vehicles may reduce the import of oil from other countries. All these combined may help the economy in future.
Main Factors determining economic development are as follows.
• Trade deficit
• Banking system
• Crude oil prices
• Foreign Direct Investment
• Government expenditure & Taxation
• Population and man power resources
• Natural resourses and its utilization
• Capital formation and capital accumulation
• Capital output ratio
• Favorable investment pattern
• Occupational structure
• Extent of the market
• Technological advancement
• Development Planning
Rajasthan has reserves of numerous precious and semi-precious stones and is the largest manufacturer of cut and polished diamonds in the country. The world’s largest centre for gemstone cutting and polishing is located in Jaipur.
Economy of Rajasthan
1. Economic Terminology
2. Rajasthan: an introduction to Economy
3. Industrial Development & Economic Growth in Rajasthan
4. National Income: Basic Concepts
5. Monetary Policy and the Reserve Bank of India
6. Fiscal Policy of India: Meaning, Objectives and Impacts on the Economy
7. Classification and Operations of Commercial Banks in India
8. Money Supply and Inflation
9. National Development Council
10. Public-Private Partnership (PPP) in Rajasthan
11. Special Economic Zones – SEZ-Rajasthan
12. Transport Infrastructure of Rajasthan
13. Urban Infrastructure in Rajasthan
14. Rural Development in Rajasthan
15. Special Area Development Programmes
16. National Family Health Survey-Rajasthan
17. Skill development in Rajasthan
18. Unemployment in Rajasthan
19. Poverty in Rajasthan
20. Agriculture Sector in Rajasthan
21. Service Sector in Rajasthan
22. Industrial Sector in Rajasthan
23. Industries of Rajasthan
24. Important Departments & Organisations
25. Policies, Concessions & Facilities for Industries in Rajasthan
26. Public Enterprises in State
27. Economic Planning in Rajasthan
28. Public Distribution System
29. Current Affairs: Economy
30. Practice Solved MCQ
Buy This Book for RPSC/RAS/RTS/SI/Lecturer and All other Exams.